Monday, January 13, 2014

Cook and bake!

Assalamualaikum and I'm still not going to write up about the tiny part of myself cause I wanna talk about my cooking and baking day(s) ! Cause you know I dont cook much before cause there's literally no raw materials to cook so last saturday my dad agreed to bring me out for grocery shopping.

I took a bunch yummy things and my dad was like you have to cook everyday since you took so many things. Yeap, I took so much till the receipt was so freaking long and the total costs more than 300 bucks I was like *gulp*.... We never spent that much on groceries I guess. It's not only my stuff in it to be honest but....still...I was so guilty so I really had to make something good out of it.

On sunday... yeah, I've planned to bake red velvet cake with extra extra cream cheese cause I love the cream cheese icing it's too delicious! And it was my first time baking without using the ready made ones you can get. It was from scratch but no..I didnt go dry the cocoas and grind them up to make cocoa powder. You know what I mean....right?

I thought I would bake a very hard and inedible cake with too much colouring but alhamdulillah, it went well and it tastes good hahah i guess.

Until I was so smart enough to put the whole cake into the freezer. OVERNIGHT. Whoops. And today when I took it out...It was freaking hard and I had to wait for quite a long time for it to defrost. It's yummyyyyy.

And the fun moments are when I cooked / baked my first macaroni and cheese plus bolognese sauce. HAHAHA.

So I thought I was ready for everything, but I forgot to take the beef from the freezer and I realized that I couldnt open the jar of tomato basil sauce...im such a wimp.

Iqbal says so too!

So I had to ask my sister to do me a favour and she couldnt open the jar too. And I thought we're doomed. And... it was my brilliant idea to ask her to run to the guards so they could open the jar because there were no one else at home. And we are both wimps.

I didn't go and ask the guards' favour cause I had to take care of the defrosting beef in the oven. A few minutes later she got home with the opened jar and a smile on her face... with a little bit of embarrassment I guess but it's okay as long that I could bake / cook my mac and cheese.

And yeap, it's so yummy.

The next day, which is today, ... I made bolognese pasta and I decided to text my partner about it.
It goes " Hey I made spaghetti today be jelly " (It was actually macaroni bolognese...Idk why i texted him spaghetti anyways...

And he replied ...

"You have to cook lunch for us when we're married"

AHAHAHAHA LOL!

xoxo,
Iman Syafiqah

5 comments:

  1. Omg! Last part is funny :) tahniaaaaah :) and do cook some more and let me be the judge ;) anyways, keep.on.writting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are the kitchen gang yayyy
    iman ,u made me start blogging ahhahahahha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u have a bloooooooooogggg , ee tak bgtau!

      Delete
    2. Baru buat ja pun. i followed you deee :P
      ni yana agent2907.blogspot.com

      Delete