Monday, January 20, 2014

Throwback : Turkey

with Rj.

Assalamualaikum wbt, the title says it all. I was listening to a cover of little talks by of monsters and men on youtube and suddenly I sort off ran down the memory lane. Yea, whenever I go to certain places on Earth, I have a few specific songs that would eventually remind me of the place. So whenever I listen to the particular song, I would reminisce the memories happened at that place, missing all those happy and fun moments, the people, and everything. And eventually, I would cry. 

And that reminds me of the travelogue that I'm supposed to submit almost a year ago. Hehe, is it still necessary? 

The initial plan of going to Turkey was the BMCs highlight of our highschool life. The BMCs consist of three cutie pies which is Rj, Bina and I. And it stands for Bahan Motivational Committee cause we used to bahan people a lot in secret hahaha. But then Bina decided not to go, leaving Rj and I to have fun without her. She went to Korea without us in return *sobs*.

One of the most significant thing happened was I met Farra Adeera! My PRS groupmate back when we had peers camp in Pantai Remis. Pretty awesome right? We did not even plan to go to Turkey together. It's amazing. She's a crazy shopaholic one could never imagine. And I remember the incident so clearly when she bought this luxurious Turkish sajdah which costs about 180 lira for only 50 lira! I bargained for her a little bit too much. Menyesal tau, kesian orang jual tu. 

Oh the word shopaholic reminds me of Nadia, she's just ten times the shopaholic level of Farra. One of our travel mates. She's a real funny girl. 

A photo of me, Nadia and Nana at the Blue Mosque's compound.

And yes, Nana is a little girl, who's now eleven years of age. The baby of the group. A baby with an iPhone4. Yeap, that's Nana. She's so cute, she skyped with her mummy almost every night, it's so cute. 
I miss Nana T^T

We're freezing!

The photo above was taken on the first day we arrived in Turkey. I was wearing a turtleneck black top and covered with a layer of denim jacket. IT WAS FREAKING FREEZING. MY HANDS LITERALLY WENT BLUE. Well I have no idea that it would go 3 degrees celcius, I didnt even think that it would go below 10 degrees celcius! I've learnt my lesson there. 

The room mates ;D 

The photo above was taken at a mall, somewhere I forgot. We went out during the night when it was free and easy, the boys decided to play at the arcade so yeah, we tag along. 

Farra, me and Rj on the cruise at Istanbul.
At Pamukkale, place known as cotton castle. 
From back to front : Rj, Amierrul, Kris, Naqib and me.

Having fun to our max at an ancient city in Pamukkale.
From back to front : Rj, Farra, Naqib and me.

Fa'thi and Farra. 
The girls! Taken in front of Mozaik Lokum , a delight store.
From back to front : Nadia, Rj, Farra, Nana, Syifa and me.
Group photo with a few locals near the Great Mosque.
Fa'thi on his dare to hug that guy but not permitted to do so.
With the Zayn Malik look-a-like! 

I simply miss everything about Turkey. It was beyond perfect. 
Much thanks to Cikgu Asma, Tuan Hj. Nazri and his wife and of course, Mr. Bedrettin for this amazing trip. 
Alhamdulillah.

xoxo,
Iman Syafiqah

p/s: If you havent heard of the song....










No comments:

Post a Comment